Setting the tracks for further growth in North and Latin America, Austrian flexible packaging group Constantia Flexibles (CF, Weinburg; www.constantia-flexibles.com) recently announced that it had completed its acquisition of 100% of the shares in Mexican flexible packaging and folding carton producer Globalpack (Guadalajara; www.global-pack.com). Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition is most likely part of Constantia Flexibles’ extensive growth plans, first announced in late 2011 (see Plasteurope.com of 29.09.2011). Globalpack’s 1,500 employees last posted sales of about EUR 180m, 70% of which were generated by the group’s flexible packaging operations, with folding cartons accounting for the remaining 30%. Its main customers are in the food, beverage and non-food consumer goods field. Globalpack converts plastic film, aluminium and paper at two sites in Mexico, in San Luis Potosi as well as Monterrey. Its products are sold under the “Aluprint” and “Grafo Regia” brand names.
Austrian packaging group acquires Mexico's Globalpack / Driving growth in the Americas
no news in this list.