proROTO, a rotogravure sleeve system of the new generation, is the latest inhouse development of Janoschka and the state-of-the solution for sustainable and cost effective gravure printing.
proROTO combines the weight and cost advantages of sleeve technology with the circumferential variability and mechanical stability of regular gravure cylinders.
The proROTO system comprises the following three main components:
A brand new type of printing sleeve based on an electrically conductive high-tech polymer that offers a significant reduction in weight compared with conventional cylinders whilst at the same time allowing, thanks to its thermoplastic properties, a very high degree of circumferential variability. Using electroplating processes, the plastic used can be coated with all the popular materials (copper, nickel, zinc) and is fully recyclable.
The second main component is a completely newly developed mandrel made of carbon fibre composite material. The mandrel allows highly accurate and stable tensioning of the proROTO sleeves and is also compatible with the system concepts already on the market. The advantage here lies in the simple mechanical tensioning principle, which ensures very high process stability both on the press and in cylinder processing.
The third component is the adapter for large differences in circumference, which is still in development. Similar to the concept in flexographic printing, the adapter allows the use of very thin and light proROTO sleeves with only one mandrel size, but a high degree of circumferential variability.
Besides reduced material costs and transport weight, the system also enables considerable cost savings whilst making a sustainable contribution to environmental protection.
- Untertitel zu Prepress von Untertitel zu Prepress von Untertitel zu Prepress
- Knowing the target markets of our clients we carefully adapt our prepress solutions to their needs.
- We offer our clients a wide range of products and services in each process phase.
- Know how
- Our deep know how and expertise is based on specialists and more than 30 years of experience.
- News dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit sed do dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit sed do Know How